Cosmic Peril Fantasy: Character Statistics
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
CPF Characters have six primary statistics or stats, similar to those of other role-playing games:
|Stat||Full score usage:||Modifier usage:|
|Strength (STR)||Carrying Slots, Combat Speed||Attacks with melee and heavy weapons, climbing, swimming and jumping with Athletics, Physical saving throws, throwing items|
|Dexterity (DEX)||The higher of (Dex or Int) is used to determine initiative order in combat.||Precise tool use such as:
hiding, stealing and stealth
Evasion saving throws
Attacks with non-heavy ranged weapons
|Constitution (Con)||Your CON score is equal to your base health points (HP) . Note that other features may add more HP, such as combat skills and the 'Tough' talent.||Physical saving throws. Constitution is generally not used for skills, because HP are so important.|
|Intelligence (INT)||The higher of your Dex or Int is used to determine your initiative order in combat.||Complex abstract skill use such as:
computers and sciences
casting as a Mentalist
Evasion saving throws
|Wisdom (WIS)||None||Sense and instinct-based skill use such as notice, navigation, animals, piloting, art, music. Can also be used to recall information. Mental Saving throws.|
|Charisma (CHA)||The character with the highest charisma may be perceived by NPCs as the most captivating of the group.||Sorceror casting, as well as charm and elegance-based skill use such as talk, business, art, music, leadership. Mental saving throws.|
|Statistic||Distance from 10||Divided by 4||Modifier|
- Spend experience points to increase their statistics according to the normal advancement rules:
Your first +1 increase to any statistic costs 1 XP. Your second +1 increase to any statistic costs 2 XP. Your third costs 3, and so on.
- Spend 3 experience points or a 'talent pick' to acquire the 'Statistics Boost' talent, a one-time-only talent that allows the player to increase any one score by 2 or any 2 scores by 1.
- Explore and experiment in-game, injecting themselves with strange substances or making deals with powerful entities to earn the reward of increased statistics.
- Some dangerous effects in-game, such as infected wounds, may temporarily or permanently reduce the primary statistics, as well.